The Sandstone Ridge Trust values the heritage assets within the Ridge, and can play a role in the heritage of the area by:
• encouraging, supporting, and (where appropriate) funding projects which engage communities in non-invasive activities such as survey, photography, documentary research, historical study etc which contribute to the wider understanding of the history and heritage of The Trust’s area
• encouraging, supporting, and (where appropriate) funding projects which utilise and build upon existing resources such as the Cheshire HLC and On-Line Tithe Map
• encouraging and supporting liaison and research with local education and resource partners such as Cheshire Records Office, Cheshire Historic Environment Record, University of Chester, Cheshire West and Chester
• encouraging and supporting partnerships with local businesses and enterprises
• building upon partnerships already established with agencies with an interest in the historic environment through the Habitats and Hillforts project such as Natural England, English Heritage, Forestry Commission, National Trust, Woodland Trust, Cheshire Landscape Trust, Cheshire Community Action
If you have an idea or a potential project that the Trust maybe able to assist with or kick start, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feature heritage within the Sandstone Ridge include: